Did you know that suicide rates are higher in some industries than other? In this episode, Ameé speaks with therapist and author, Dr. Margaret Rutherford about careers with a high suicide risk rate and how trauma-informed leadership can help reduce these numbers.
In the episode, you will hear: Which industries have the highest rates of suicide amongst their employees The role stigmas around mental health and mental health services play How workplace cultures can be harmful
On this episode, Ameé speaks with Jen Proctor, the founder and CEO of Cultivated Entertainment, a highly successful talent booking agency out of LA and New York, about losing her mother to suicide when Jen was only 13 years old. Now, where the loss of a parent can be the kind of trauma that devastates you for life, for Jen it was that tragedy that instilled an inner compass for which she would make balance, wellness and well-being a top priority in her life. And Jen is here w
In this episode, Ameé chat's with Dr. Jason J. Washburn, the Director of Graduate Studies for the Clinical Psychology MA and PhD Programs at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr. Jason Washburn's clinical interests include mental health treatment and evaluation of children and adolescents, including nonsuicidal self-injury, pediatric bipolar disorder, and the development of antisocial behaviors and has published numerous articles and studies related to suic
Ameé has discussed the topic of suicide many times on this show because it obviously goes hand-in-hand with childhood trauma and adversities. In fact, according to the CDC, only 46% of people who die by suicide have a mental health diagnosis, leaving the remaining 54% with an unknown condition. But known risks factors for suicide include a history of trauma or abuse, chronic illness, and prolonged stress. On this episode, Ameé speaks with Mariangela Abeo – a photographer who
Kate Stone Lombardi has been a journalist for more than 25 years. She was a frequent contributor to The New York Times, and for seven years wrote a popular regional column that focused on family issues. Her work has also appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Time, Ladies Home Journal, Parenting Magazine including a recent article published on GoodHousekeeping.com, which is where Ameé discovered her. Lombardi is the author of The Mama’s Boy Myth: Why Keeping Our Sons Close Make